Saturday, March 18, 2006

Mad As A Mailbox (except that mailboxes aren't mad)

So, I am mad. And, if I was in a cartoon right now, my face would be bright red and there would be steam coming out of my ears. Serious. So here's the story. Last night, me and 2 of my friends were going to go see She's The Man. We planned to meet at the movie theatre at 7:00 because the movie started at 7:20 and we wanted to make sure we got tickets because it was a new release and a Friday night. So, I get there at 7:00 and my friends get there at, like, 7:10 or 7:15, around that time. Well, by then the movie is, of course, sold out and we would've missed it by the time we got snacks and everything. And one of the first things those 2 do is ask me why I didn't buy tickets because I should've and how it was my fault we're not getting to see the movie. Well, (a) both of those 2 still owe me money and I'm not about to pay $30 some to be not paid back, (b) how was I supposed to know they were going to show up so late that the movie would already be sold out and (c) by the time they go there we wouldn't have been able to find seats together anyways. So, my mom had stayed there waiting with me for them to come and she waited for us to decide what we were going to do even though she was sick. So, my friends are making all these plans for my mom to drive them around to a different movie theatre or to see a later showing. My mom wasn't letting me stay for a later showing, which, I totally agree with yet we had to drive my friends all the way back to her house. But, I guess it's all my fault. Somehow, the way I see it, it is my friends fault for not coming on time when we agreed to meet rather than my fault for not buying them tickets.

But, I'll just try to ignore that and think of the happier parts of life. Such as my (plus my family) trip to Emerald Lake next weekend!!! 2 or 3 days of skating, snowshoeing, dog sledding, tobboganing... I'm so excited. And after that I get to go to some figure skating gala. And another good thing, last night I had fencing again (I missed it last week cause I was so sore from skiing) and it was great, we got to use the actual equipment and it was so fun. We actually did a bit of real fencing. And the instructor told me that there was a girl my age in the classes, but she hasn't been there either of the times I went, I think she went last week. I'm really excited to meet her though and I hope we get along and I hope we can both take fencing lessons somewhere else in the city once we get good. Ahhh, my dreams... which rarely come true. But I'm gonna work harder than I ever have to get good at fencing because I know I'm starting late but this is something I truly love.

No comments: