Friday, June 22, 2007
After being tagged by The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Genuine Inspiration and Pearls and Purses I have decided to finally get down to business. Slow, I know. I meant to do this over a week ago but then I got shoved off the computer and haven't gotten around to it since! So, here goes:
1. I have an obsession with Elton John. I was just listening to him, in fact!
2. I love aloe vera lotion. Sometimes, I hope that I'll get burnt just so that I can put on aloe!
3. I don't use normal toothpaste. Currently I'm using Dr. Burt's 'Cinna Mint' which is made with parsley and chlorophyll (yuck, I know) and before that I was using Kiss My Face Aloe Toothpaste. What's next on my list? One of the many flavours from Breath Palette - if only I could decide what kind!
4. I enjoy making funny faces. It's sort of a hobby, actually. Smiles just get so dull after a while and funny faces are just so much funner!
5. I love to dress up. I try to make everything much dressier than it actually is and I would wear dresses and heels everywhere but I think I'd end up looking a little overdressed.
6. I can't swim. At all. If you put me in the water I would probably drown! So, if anyone's looking to get rid of me I suggest you throw me in the ocean! Actually, a pool would do just fine.
7. I love Jesus Christ with everything in me - he's the reason I'm alive and he's blessed me so much!
And who do I tag? Uh. I have no idea. Anyone who comes across theis blog and hasn't done this little activity yet has been tagged!
Tomorrow, I might possibly post so come check! I make no promises, though.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
I have an obsession: toile. I always loved toile (it's gorgeous, how can you not!) but I finally found out what it was called and now I can't get enough! I don't own a lot of toile - only one pair of black toile flats - but these are some wonderful toile pieces I found!
These two strapless dresses (left, $69.95 USD at Anthropologie; right, $69.99 USD at Ann Taylor) are very fresh and great for dressy summer events. The black and white toile is a bit more formal while the red is playful but still dressed-up.
These two pieces combine a casual style with black toile. The dress (left, $112 USD by Torn from ShopBop) incorporates a bubble hem but I don't like the way it's all put together. The sweater ($134 USD by Torn from ShopBop) is very cute - toile is definitely not a pattern you often see on hoodies!
Old Navy's jumped on the toile bandwagon, as well! The shorts (left, $26.50 USD from Old Navy) use a khaki toile which is a much more natural color. The flats (right, $19.50 USD from Old Navy) come in a few colors and both of these options are easy to wear and inexpensive.
I am absolutely in love with these flats ($237.00 USD by Dior from eLuxury)! The bows, the charms, the toile - it's all so perfect!I apologize for the template - it's a bit of a wreck right now as I'm 'remodeling'. This is my last week of school and exams finish the week after that so hopefully I'll be able to find much more time to blog!