Sunday, February 04, 2007

NY Fashion Week: Maticevski, Abaete and Lacoste

[music: Inside Your Heaven by Carrie Underwood]

Maticevski

"I have been working on pretty, floaty, feminine for so long, I felt I needed to add a bit more severity and grit." -Toni Maticevski

Grey was in no shortage as models came down the runway with hands clenching hips.

Left, a gorgeous pant suit - gloomy colors and all. Right, this is what we call a splash of color. Or a hot air balloon ready for take off.

Abaete

I cannot even express how much I love Abaete, definitely one of my favourite designers! And this collection didn't disappoint me!

Gorgeous dresses, the gloves are something you don't see very often but I love the old-fashioned vibe they give off.

The navy dress, left, is such an amazing color and fabric. Right, white boots and hat make a very mod look.


Lacoste

"...good youthful options (knit minis and crepe-heeled granny boots) as well as a few grown-up looks that Schneider might have loved (the knit kimono coats and voluminous capes)." -Laird Borrelli

Possibly the most wonderful skinny jeans I have ever seen! And I am falling more and more in love with the boots, right, every second!

While I'm not so sure about the mish-mash of patterns, right, I love the striped turtleneck and adorable mini green belt, left.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love lacoste.

Flavia Flanders said...

wow! hte orange one quite strange. but it has sth that makes me wanna have it. :P
see ya!,
+Molly+

molly said...

im with you i ADORE the lacoste jeans

Lana said...

Like the show from Lacoste :).