Thursday, February 08, 2007

NY Fashion Week: Anna Sui, Proenza Schouler and Michael Kors

[music: Take It All by Hillsong United]

Did I miss a whole day of posting NY Fashion Week? Yes. But, I'm invigorated and ready to post!

Anna Sui

I have to say, I was disappointed. In the past, I've been a fan of Anna Sui but this collection was just not appealing.

All I see here is winter wear gone wrong.

I did enjoy the use of prints and the dress, right, I actually really do like.

Proenza Schouler

"...and rediscovered the interest in surface decoration that informed some of their best collections." -Nicole Phelps

Maybe it's the odd caps or the men's style trousers but there is something about this collection I love.

Left, it seems to have the puffiness of a snowsuit but I do love the fabric.

Michael Kors

"Working in a palette of soft, flattering (read: salable) neutrals, with shots of safety orange and caution yellow, he laid the cashmere on thick." -Nicole Phelps

Kors put a spin on casual men's looks with muted greys and a splash of color, right.

The most beautiful, not to mention flattering, jersey dresses of all time.

9 comments:

-S said...

proenza schouler.......... love love love love love love llove it!

Ella Gregory said...

i loved anna suis summer collection but i think autum winter isnt that great. it is more a summery label though.

Flashy_Shades said...

michael kors was totally predictable, but beautiful. and i loved the shades!!!

molly said...

i love the proenza schouler idea of having all the models wear charie chaplin hats...very cute

Flavia Flanders said...

Michael Kors rocks!

+Molly G.+

Geisha said...

I adore how Michael Kors put together the bright yellow with the classic trench and pants...even though it WAS a bit predictable. ANyway, I love ur blog!

Anonymous said...

I like the purple sweater in the second Anna Sui picture, actually. There's always something good in her collections, just sometimes, you have to look really, really hard.

mareGa said...

I agree with you about Anna Sui... that is just plain wrong. Period. Love PS collection. They're awesome.

alluretone said...

what happened anna?! her last fall collection was sooo great, as well as her spring but this one was just too overdone. only the little bits of the collection were appealing, the hats, shoes.. seriously dissappointed, she should not have looked into furnitures for influence.