Saturday, January 13, 2007

Golden Gowns

[What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts]
I was just browsing around Style.com a few days ago and I came across the Elie Saab Spring 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection. It's great and it's gold. Very gold. From the gold dresses to the gold runway. I'm usually not all that fond of gold but I really like these designs!

I really love this style of strapless dress, it's very elegant but still interesting.

Who wouldn't love a gorgeous, gold coat? I really love this shade of gold, it looks so soft and beautiful! I love Heather Marks, too, she's one of my favourite models.
I just love this style of sleeves! I have no idea what you would call them, but, they're brilliant.

The bottom of the dress reminds me of shiny mirrors or shards of metallic glass. I don't like the shade of gold on the belt, though, it doesn't really go well with the colors on the dress.

These fabrics look so pretty with each other!
This dress looks so luscious, it's gorgeous!
I like this fabric, I love the way it looks. The shades of the bag and the dress/skirt sort of clash, though.
More of my new favourite fabric! I like this dress much better than the last, especially the bodice or whatever the top would be called.

10 comments:

Tru said...

I'm usualyl not big on gold but I lvoe teh third one up form the bottom

Anonymous said...

ooh, i love the fourth and sixth ones! (from the top, i think.)

Cheryl said...

cute blog :]

Anonymous said...

awww gold! i love gold! i like all of them! and a gold coat would be nice.... =)

Emily said...

u are linked i love the coat x

Style Spot said...

Thank you so much, sweetie! I appreciate it so much, and it means a lot to me that you like what I do :) You are such a dear!

I love gold too, and those dresses you posted are gorgeous! I really want a gold dress, but I never seem to find the perfect one =/ I need to go gold dress hunting :p

Sarah said...

it's unfortunate gold hasn't ever been my colour

mareGa said...

I'm not a gold fan, but this collection looks like a walking dream.

Maddy said...

Using one color for a whole collection, especially gold, is an extremely bold choice. Not bad.

Dinah said...

The jacket with the sparkly undies reminds me of one the Sex in the City episodes.