Saturday, March 03, 2007

Paris Fashion Week: Chanel and Celine

[music: Cowboy Take Me Away by the Dixie Chicks]

Chanel

"Karl Lagerfeld picked up on the idea of cold-weather college-girl styling that's emerging as a Parisian sub-theme." - Sarah Mower

Pretty trenches, very young and fresh.

Classic Chanel. Those boots, right, are splendid! And left, the more formal side of layering.

Celine

The only reason I decided to take a look at the Celine show is because my friend's name happens to be Celine. I was pleased with what I saw!


Left, the return of the sweater dress. Right, I'm loving the knotted waist. And those gorgeous black bags!


They make those high-waisted trousers look so good! Right, the cut of the leather jacket gives it a great feminine look.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want that blue chanel trench coat! and those boots! ahhh.

-ciao bella- said...

love love love that leather jacket with the tweed pants... i don't know how to describe it but it just looks so GOOD and the way the other model is wearing the short sleeved sweater paired with the wide belt=AMAZING... xx

Emma said...

hey, this blog is great
as are those leather jackets. mmm leather. and the belted sweater dresses.

molly said...

love the leather jackets, less then high-waisted pants

Flashy_Shades said...

hmmm somehow karl's "cold-weather college-girl styling" looks way better than mine ever did!

mareGa said...

Not feeling Chanel...

Flavia Flanders said...

chanel is always the best.
cya,
+molly g.+

molly said...

leather always makes me happy

ooooh, kinky

Miss V. said...

I loved the Chanel show. When I first ran through the pictures I thought it was boring. But the second time I watched it on video and I fell in love. The dashes of colour are great and the whole look is so young. Go Karl!